M.A.L.A.C.H.I

M.A.L.A.C.H.I
October 11, 2019

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Malachi's Way (2006)

This My First LP that I completed. This cd will always be special to me because I always wondered if I could actually put my life in lyrics. This was like the story to my life it wasn't really alot of performance songs each song was really personal to me. The Production on this consisted of Born The Beatsurgeon (The Takeover), Rich The Great (Carry My Legacy On, Editorial and Guardian Angel) and Ron Rico (The Rest Of The Album) n myself cuz I provided most of the samples for the beats LOL. Guest Appearences were Agg of So Authentic, My Bro Brian Walker n Local R&B singer Lynee Michelle. We stood Downtown at the Inner Harbor selling and passing the cd's out! I sold some for 2.00 to 5.00 if u didn't have any money I just for u to send me feedback in a email! Then the best part of this is that I found this guy through my cuzzo Billy (Billo) who reviewed local music named Al Shipley! This was so big to me like my work was gonna be critique n I just want to see where the music would stand (Reviews by Al Shipley: www.governmentnames.blogspot.com) :

Malachis Way Cd Cover

The back cover of Malachis Way Cd

Mike Malachi - Malachi's Way

Mike Malachi is an MC who sent me an advance copy of his album last month, and I think it's just now about to come out officially. The first thing I noticed in the liner notes was that most of the tracks were produced by DJ Ron Rico aka Reazons, who I know mainly for his Baltimore club tracks. But the tracks were really on some classic hip hop shit with soul samples and all that. And Malachi has a nice slick, basic flow, just real conversational and clear, but he keeps coming with this rush of words. I met up with them in Ron's studio recently, they're good dudes. Malachi's cousin is another Baltimore rapper I wrote about a while back, Billo. And Ron is actually gonna do a remix album, God's Stepson-style, called Ron Rico's Way with all new beats.

Mike Malachi - "Intro: New Beginnings" (mp3)
Even though this is just a minute long, it might be my favorite track. That beat and the sample are just so ill, I would almost say he wasted it by only doing one quick verse but it does a good job of kicking off the album.

Mike Malachi - "Guardian Angel" (mp3)
This is one of the slower, more introspective tracks, but I like that it has a sample from Heather Headley's "In My Mind," one of my favorite recent R&B joints.

He even reviewed the cd in Mic Life Magazine, Vote 3. Mike Malachi - Malachi’s Way in a Baltimore 2006 Hip Hop Poll and 23. Mike Malachi - Malachi's Way in Shipley's personal poll!

I really enjoyed this cd to me it's a classic a perfect album, u can listen to it from begining to end u be the judge:


Malachis Way

No comments:

Post a Comment